Working at Olney Friends School
Thank you for your interest in employment at Olney Friends School. We welcome letters of interest and resumes year-round, and we keep applications on file for consideration in filling current and future job openings. Please send your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment at Olney most often consists of a primary job and a variable selection of other jobs that round out full employment at the school, on the basis of interest, skills, and needs of the school. These ancillary jobs may include:
– Teaching some classes
– Being a rotating dorm sponsor
– Leading a sport or art class
– Assisting in the kitchen, farm, and/or building and grounds
– Being a student advisor
– Being a class sponsor
– Covering periodic evening and weekend duty
– Participating in weekly faculty meeting, community meeting, and meeting for worship
– Participating in weekday morning Collection, family-style lunch, and special events
– Helping out with special school events such as Homecoming, open houses, and Commencement
All employees at Olney Friends School must pass a back-ground check and complete an application form as conditions of employment. Additionally, all faculty members must become certified in first aid and CPR and become mandatory abuser reporters. If eligible, all faculty are asked to become certified to drive school vehicles with students.
Olney Friends School is a highly collaborative work environment that relies heavily on group process and the inclusion of students as much in possible in decision-making and the accomplishment of tasks. Great emphasis is placed on the Quaker values of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, equality, and stewardship.
If you are interested in applying for any position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.