Classroom Faculty & Dorm Staff
Olney Friends School seeks applicants to fill classroom faculty and dorm staff positions for the 2022-2023 school year and beyond. Olney is an ISACS accredited, progressive, co-educational boarding and day school for grades 9 – 12, located in Barnesville, Ohio. It is also a member of the Friends Council on Education (FCE), the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), the Ohio Association of Independent Schools (OAIS), and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS).
Olney Friends School seeks talented educators who have a passion for trans-disciplinary education and boarding school life. The school seeks to fill one position in its foreign language program, with an emphasis on Spanish. It also seeks to fill another position in its art and music programs. The ideal candidates will be self-starters who have the desire and drive to challenge our students to grow intellectually, emotionally, and socially.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in any STEAM fields, education, art, or music.
- Some experience (1-3 years) teaching teenagers.
- The ability to teach across the curriculum, with a particular focus on place-based and problem-based learning.
- A style of teaching and leadership that builds trust, respect, a collaborative work environment, and a sense of community.
- Skills in, but not limited to, the following areas: classroom management, verbal and written communication, conflict resolution, presentation skills, objectivity, and confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to live on campus and serve as a dorm parent in a rural setting on the foothills of the Appalachian mountains.
HOW TO APPLY
All employees at Olney Friends School must pass a background check and complete an application form as conditions of employment. Additionally, all faculty members must become certified in first aid and CPR, become mandatory abuser reporters, and become authorized to drive students in school vehicles for school-sanctioned activities.
We are eager to discuss these exciting positions with anyone interested in exploring this opportunity. Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Olney Friends School is a 501(c)(3) and an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.