Creativity is one of our unique human attributes. Art education at Olney helps students identify and develop their individual creativity, build confidence in their ability to express their ideas and develop creative problem solving skills.
Creating art boosts critical thinking, teaching students to be more observant of their surroundings. Art education builds cultural awareness and sensitivity. The connection between art and academic achievement is well established.
We are currently offering:
- drawing – observational to creative expressions in pencil, pen and ink, marker
- painting – working in oils, acrylics and watercolors
- photography -dark room development and experimenting with different printing techniques.
- mixed media -including block printing, book making, paper mache
- Other media like ceramics and sculpture may be offered from time to time.